Surveillance Informatics Branch Supporting informatics tools for the next generation of cancer surveillance systems.
Our mission is to advance precision cancer surveillance through the application of informatics tools, methods, and architectures. Research areas of focus for the branch include but are not limited to:
- innovative methods and approaches for acquiring, abstracting, analyzing, sharing, and visualizing data for cancer surveillance,
- automated and cost effective methods for data capture and integration, including abstraction facilitated with natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning,
- acquisition, linkage, and integration of traditional cancer registry data with new data sources to expand and enhance the scope of cancer surveillance research across the cancer continuum and fuel population-level precision oncology research, and
- enhancements of SEER Data Management System (SEER*DMS).
- Data Acquisitions and Linkages
- Data Quality Studies (in conjunction with DQAIB)
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- NCI-DOE Pilot 3: Enhancing Methods for Monitoring Population Health
- Pharmacy Informatics
- SEER*DMS Enhancements