Application for Command-Line (Batch/Callable) Version of Joinpoint Regression Software
Thank you for your interest in using the Joinpoint statistical software for the analysis of continuous linear trends with change points, i.e. joinpoints. The Joinpoint statistical software was developed by IMS, Inc. under contract to the National Cancer Institute.
The command-line version of Joinpoint can be called from other software (i.e. C++, SAS, or R) with syntax like:
joinpoint.exe <session file> <input data file> [output file] [options]
This allows you to run Joinpoint repeatedly in an automated way for multiple data series, for simulations, or to embed in other software packages. Sample SAS and R files are included with the Joinpoint software to help users learn how to integrate Joinpoint in those programs.
- Two new model selection methods were added: Weighted BIC and Weighted BIC-Alternative.
- The statistically significant flag was changed from ^ to *.
- The restriction requiring Standard Populations to be the same across cohorts when calculating age-adjusted rates was removed.
- A new export file was created that contains the number of Joinpoints in the Final Selected Model for each cohort.
Application for the Command-Line Version
Before receiving the command-line version of Joinpoint, you must:
- Download and sign the Joinpoint Transfer Agreement.
If you intend to use Joinpoint in an institutional environment, such as a University, Research, or Business setting, please download and fill out the Institutional Use Transfer Agreement (DOC, 40 KB) . Please note, this form requires two signatures: the applicant's signature as well as the signature of someone within your organization with the legal authority to enter into this agreement.If you want Joinpoint for your own personal use, please download and fill out the Personal Use Transfer Agreement (DOC, 40 KB) .
- Fill out the application form below.
- Attach the PDF of the signed Joinpoint Transfer Agreement to the form below.
The application and signed agreement is required to ensure that the software is used appropriately and is not sold or used for commercial purposes.
Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.